[OLUG] Meeting 11-21

Vincent Raffensberger vraffensberger at csm.edu
Wed Nov 17 14:52:52 UTC 1999

Adam Lassek wrote:

> I've been pulling my hair out trying to get Mesa to work, I'd appreciate
> some help in that area.

If you're using a voodoo3 card, it's pretty simple.  3dfx has released
xfree86 3.9.16 which has opengl and mesagl built into it.  I did it
yesterday w/o any trouble.  Just be warned to have a back-up copy of
your /etc/X11/XF86Config file handy.  You'll want to manually edit it
afterwards for your monitor, mouse and keyboard settings.

http://www.3dfxgamers.com/view.asp?IOID=1024

--
Vincent Raffensberger		College of Saint Mary
Network Administrator		402-399-2433