[OLUG] Red Hat Breaks With Linus Torvalds Roadmap <MaximumPc>

Vincent Raffensberger vraffensberger at csm.edu
Mon Nov 15 23:18:17 UTC 1999

John Kennedy wrote:

> Hey,
>
>    What do you all think about this?
>
>    I'm thinking this is all VERY bad.  Distros are one thing, but now
> we're
> talking about the kernel itself...

I don't see anythink wrong with it.  You may want to note that Linus
hasn't made a comment and that Reiser's journaling filesystem wasn't due
out until next year.  It's not proprietary or anything, just open source
as usual.  I've been meaning to tinker with it on a spare drive.  I
don't think the "roadmap" was meant as a rulebook, just an indication of
what to expect in the future.  These people (maximum-pc) are just
looking for some attention.  Turbo-Linux has been doing a lot of stuff
w/clustering that's not standard kernel issue stuff.  It all will be
soon though.

Vincent Raffensberger		College of Saint Mary
Network Administrator		402-399-2433
"Do not meddle in the affairs of SysAdmins,
for they are subtle and quick to anger."