[OLUG] Spose everyone has seen this huh?

Adam Lassek lunatik at radiks.net
Fri Dec 17 01:29:34 UTC 1999

Well, come on. Gnome hasn't been around as long as KDE, so obviously KDE is gonna
be a little better. The biggest problem with KDE is the whole Qt thing. Normally
I'm not that much of a purist, but when I write something for Linux there's no
way I'm gonna mess with liscensing. GPL/LGPL all the way.
Personally, though, I like the Gnome interface better. And have you looked at the
redesign screenshots yet? Pretty cool.

Jon Travis wrote:

> > Yep, it runs on a UMSDOS filesystem so you don't have to repartition.  A guy
> > here at work tried it on his machine and it worked quite well, apparently.
> > It also has, I believe, a Windows installer.
> >
> > First time I've ever seen KDE running - interesting, but I think I still
> > prefer Gnome based on a quick look - plus I like the fact that Gnome is
> > free.  That's still the biggest problem by far that I have with KDE.
> >
> > Tim
>
> Put your fears to rest:
> http://www.kde.org/documentation/faq/kdefaq-2.html#ss2.6
>
> In addition, developing under gnome is pure crap ... GTK has a terrible
> wannabe C++ interface.
>
> In addition, I have found that the applications written in KDE are much
> snappier in general ... the draggable menubars, etc. just the whole
> functionality.
>
> -- Jon

God, root, what is difference? - Pitr