[OLUG] How do I...

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Wed Dec 15 00:53:22 UTC 1999

use `tail`

-----Original Message-----
From: vin at gomer.bstc.net [mailto:vin at gomer.bstc.net]On Behalf Of Vincent
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 1999 6:47 PM
To: OLUG
Subject: [OLUG] How do I...

I feel stupid having to ask this question, but here it goes.  I've never
had a need to do this until today.

In a console, how can I view the end of a large text file?  For example,
there's a text file that's over 80MB in size and I need to look only at
the last 100 lines or so.  The way I've been doing it is to more or less
(pun intended) set a rock on my spacebar and take a walk and then scroll
up the console when it's finished.  That can get damn annoying!

--
"Go away before I replace you with a very small shell script!"