[OLUG] Red Hat on laptop

Tom Langham thurlowelangham at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 01:46:43 UTC 1999

Greetings,

I have a question about installing linux Red Hat 5.2
on my laptop. We installed Red Hat at school on our
hard drives.  But my instructor said linux is not
always kind to laptops.  I have a gateway solo 9100
series with 6.2 gig hd and 64 mg static ram, pentium
II 366mh.
My plan is to install Red Hat 5.2 on my laptop and
still run win98 a dual boot set up.  And later on i
would like to upgrade to Red Hat 6.1 and still keep
win98 too.  Will this work?  Will Red Hat work on a
laptop or fry the screen?  If it will work do you have
any suggestions or warnings before i try this at home?

My email address is Thurlowelangham at yahoo.com

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

=====