[OLUG] Help resurrecting Linux installation

Jon Keene jkeene at cse.unl.edu
Wed Dec 8 18:15:44 UTC 1999

I have Win95 installed on hda and (RH61) Linux installed on sda. hda has
always been the boot drive, but a recent reinstall of Win95 overwrote the
boot sector (and lilo).  I hoped that I would be able to reinstall lilo by
booting from the install disk.  I can successfully mount the scsi root
partition (on /mnt/scsi), but running lilo like so:

	/mnt/scsi/sbin/lilo -C /mnt/scsi/etc/lilo.conf

gives the following error:

	open /dev/hda: No such file or directory

It looks to me like hda is detected properly while booting from
the floppy.  Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks,
Jon