[OLUG] ISP dialing issue

Chad S. Lauritsen csl at plconline.com
Mon Dec 6 17:29:50 UTC 1999

I would also grab the modem's initialization string that windows is using
and have linux use it as well.

Adam Lassek wrote:

> I'm having a minor issue when I dial in to my ISP
>
> I've been using 'ifup ppp0' and 'ifdown ppp0' to dial in, since it is by
> far the easiest one I know of.
> But regardless of what method I use to dial in, it dials in, handshakes,
> and ALWAYS hangs up the first time and redials. On the second try, it
> succeeds. When I dial in from Winblows, it doesn't do this. Anybody know
> what could be the issue here?
>
> --
> God, root, what is difference? - Pitr

* Chad S. Lauritsen, Systems Administrator                       *
* Perfection Learning Corporation                                *
* 1000 North Second Avenue, Logan, IA 51546 712.644.2831 x 223   *
"Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." --Jesus