[OLUG] ISP dialing issue

Brian Roberson brian at bstc.net
Mon Dec 6 00:25:01 UTC 1999

try turning on debuging for pppd ( if you are using redhat, edit
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 and set the line "DEBUG=" to
yes, or use the gui to enable it if you do not want to edit the file by
hand, `netcfg` ) with debugging enabled, you can then see verbose output
of the connection in /var/log/messages ( or wherever you have syslog setup
to log to )