[olug-colo] [OMG] ChaosVPN

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 03:09:02 CST 2013

ChaosVPN may lighten the load with managing tinc-vpns.

VPNs introduce lag and can make it hard for echo cancellation.  Hardly
any VOIP is encrypted, but hackerspaces talk to one another over a
tinc-vpn.

i think ChaosVPN holds irc and voice channels that are not available
elsewhere.  The hackerspace in KansasCity is on the list along with
scores of others.  It may be that hackers are more willing to share
information this way in case their government frowned upon it.