[olug-colo] I'm signing a contract in less than 60 days

Charles Bird cbird.omaha at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:45:08 EST 2010

Hello all,

I quit my job at PowerDNN in November and have been having adventures and
what not.
I dont know what all has been going on here since I've been gone, but I'd
like to extend an offer to all olug/olug-colo members to get space,
bandwidth and power at cost.

I'll be signing on a contract to get my first cabinet at STC and IP transit
from PinPoint.
My first cabinet will be up within 60 days, I'm delaying the signing so that
I can get equipment together, file my LLC, get my ARIN IP allocation, and
get a nice cash buffer :)
If there are alot of interested people that want in before then, then I can
make it happen in a matter of days, however, I will only have a limited
amount of IPV4 IPs from Pin Point, and it may take a lil bit to get my
allocation from ARIN.

Network starting off is 100Mb full duplex port, throttled to 20Mb/20Mb. Its
a mix of Cox, Qwest, ATT and Level3.
In the next couple months after I start, it will be a full 100Mb. After
that, then another 100Mb circuit will be added...thats the plan at least.
Anyone wanting their own dedicated pipe can get one, thats fine with me. I'm
here to grow and let others grow too.

My main goal right now is to get my first cabinet filled as quickly as
possible so I can break even.
There doesn't appear to be much catering to the tower cases, but I
anticipate that in the next cabinet or two, that it would work out well with
rack shelves and smaller form factor enclosures, like mid, mini, itx and
some creative baffling for heat removal.

Let me know if this sounds good to you all or not, I figured it would be of
a lower cost to all, and speaking of cost, this should be below 50.00 per U
for everything. :)

You have no idea how many lunches they bought me just to cave into my
demands!

Thanks,
Charles