[olug-colo] Spaces available on Fiber Served Street in NW Omaha

Jon Larsen relayer at levania.org
Thu Jan 28 07:49:33 EST 2010

Cox has fiber that runs next to, or across the street from the old IP
Rev building.  There is a cox fiber drop at the CAS building where I
used to work, so I should know it's up there. :)

On 01/24/2010 04:31 PM, Dan Clough wrote:
> Good point.  After looking at it a second time it is indeed a lot more massive than I thought at first.  And who knows, nobody's rented the place out since CoSentry left so maybe they're itching for a tenant?  ;)
>
> But in all seriousness I think if we can't find any place better (Like an actual datacenter with actual infrastructure and existing fiber) a small bay will have to do.  The question is though, is there fiber to the building?  Fiber on the street is nice, but how many thousands of dollars would we pay bringing it into the building?
>
> Dan
>
> On Jan 24, 2010, at 8:47 AM, Dave Thacker wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 23 January 2010 04:17:48 pm Dan Clough wrote:
>>> Which one is the IP Revolution building?
>> The form IP revolutions/Sitel building is the one with the parking lot right
>> at the curve of the street.
>>
>>> If we could get any building in
>>> that area I'd put that one at the top of my list.
>>
>> It's a big building.  Probably not suitable for a bootstrap type startup.  I
>> mentioned it in case somebody knows somebody with deep pockets.
>>

>>> Which one is Big Iron Gym?  Is that across the street from the fire
>>> department, in the building with the Chophouse?
>>
>> Yes,  Chopsticks House (Yum!) is on the north end of the building.
>> Running from North to south its currently divided like this.....
>>
>> Bay 1:             Chopsticks House
>> Bay 2.   Office Space with a large back room    (My wife's former space)
>> Bay 3-6: Former Big Iron Gym    Empty Bays
>>
>> Bay 1 was renting for around $900 a month.   The back room has room for at
>> least 20 racks, and probably more.
>>
>> The building owner had bays 2-5.   Now that the gym has been either moved or
>> sold, I don't know what her plans are.  That would be something to take up
>> with the real estate agent.   The leasing sign out front is Deeb realty.
>>
>> Link for streetview building picture is
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yc8e4ad
>>
>> Why I like this building:
>>
>> 1.  Single bay could be had for price that startup could afford
>> 2.  Less than 2 blocks from police precinct.
>> 3.  Few hundred feet from fire station.
>> 4.  Close to Interstate.
>> 5.  Full Disclosure!  5 minutes from my house. :)
>>
>> Concerns I have about this building
>>
>> 1. Back doors will need to be reconfigured for security.
>> 2. Ownership status.   Is she selling or holding?
>>
>> I'd like to hear 5-6 people on the list say they were interested before I
>> start shaking the trees.
>>
>> Dave Thacker
>>

>>> Dan

Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Blog - http://www.levania.org/~relayer/
VP of Community Development, Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/
AnimeSunday.org - http://www.animesunday.org/
GPG/PGP Pubkey - http://www.levania.org/~relayer/relayerpubkey.txt