[olug-colo] I'm signing a contract in less than 60 days

Charles Bird cbird.omaha at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 05:13:51 EST 2010

Ya, as more people come in, the shared pipe will increase in size with no
extra cost to the colo'd individual.

Right now, the 20Mb is about 850, for about double that amount, one could
get a full 100Mb there.

Its really getting started and breaking even thats a challenge.

Another even cheaper option would be for olug colo to get a cabinet of their
own(around 700 depending on how many sec. badges needed, power, locks, etc)
and can get a network drop from me at cost(42-43 per Mbps), or from
pinpoint, like a t-1, bonded t-1's or ethernet.

If anyone is looking for cheap brandnew low powered servers, I would suggest
a dualcore Atom from supermicro.
Check with newegg, or a good supermicro reseller. You can get a system for
well under 400.

For me to really be able to offer super cheap pricing, I would have to have
like 8-16 cabinets, and a fat 2.99 per Mbps Cogent pipe.