[olug-colo] Pinpoint Tour

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 02:39:02 EDT 2009

(Eh, repost - Gmail is funky and doesn't appear to like mailing lists)

Yeah, third floor looks awesome.  I'm jealous you guys have 303, it
looks like a nice layout.  If possible we should have a server room
and then a separate room for a NOC/provisioning area.  Next best thing
appears to be 304, it's small enough to be cost-effective and the
15-foot width is enough for two rows of racks.  306 is much too
divided/odd-shaped to be an effective use of the space.

That space would be incredible if some fiber found its way in there, I
hope the execs see that the benefits outweigh the cost.

I've been wondering where that OC3 is coming from... if we trace the
cable outside and have some method of tracking its path back to the
box we could find out who owns it.  Fusion splicing is definitely not
cheap but I have a feeling it would be considerably cheaper than
pulling in a new line from the street.