[olug-colo] Couple questions

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:06:14 EDT 2009

As Charles mentioned, there will certainly be plenty to do in all
fields of work.  This project is a good learning experience for
everyone, so we'd greatly appreciate all the help you can give us.

On the software side of things, we could use a few good men (and
women) for projects such as inventory control, client management and
network operations.  Most proprietary (hiss) software suites that
integrate those features are anywhere from $500 to upwards of $8000,
which is far, far beyond the scope of the project as it stands.  A
good home-grown or open-source solution would be the best at this
time.

We'll need all the help we can get on move-in day.  That's a bit
farther down the road though, so we haven't quite gotten the logistics
of the setup figured out yet.  Hopefully we'll have a better game plan
once we've had a few meetings and checked out the space Pinpoint has
for us.