[olug-colo] Join olug.sf.net <SF username>

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 06:57:47 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Dan Clough <dclough at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we're fine keeping everything on the list.  It's nice having
> the project management software but this isn't so much a project as it
> is just us figuring out what to do.  I think email will be a faster
> and more accessible means of communication for the time being.
>
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Aric <aric at omahax.com> wrote:
> > I isn't dead but IMO it is better to host your own project unless it is
> > intended for mass consumption and you can't figure out how to capitalize
> on
> > the traffic yourself.
> >
> > I would think the only benefit would be to have subversion as this is not
> > typical feature of cheap shared host.
> >
> > -Aric

Hopefully things stay simple enough that the olug-colo list works fine.  It
can take a great deal to navigate and appreciate everything sf has to offer
and i often dont like it, but its reliable.  olug.sf.net was created for
many more things besides a colo project.   If members learn more about the
tools available on it, it was worth it.    But i am not sure how a budget is
managed by an email list.  email has become such a pain that facebook and
LinkedIn exploded.  Why not make a google apps based on the miniarpa domain
or the olug domain.    built-in document spreadsheets.