[olug-colo] IRC policy

Dan Clough dclough at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:22:41 EDT 2009

Let's be really secure and block port 80!  ;)

 But in all seriousness, I'm not sure what all we can block that
wouldn't affect someone's service.  Aside from the restrictions on IRC
servers, clients should be allowed to run any services they want so
long as they don't degrade or interrupt service for the other clients.

Oh, and adult hosting is absolutely verboten.

Unless there's some affordable technological means of preventing use,
I'd say we're better off using the honor system and occasionally
monitoring port usage for suspicious boxen.