[olug-colo] some ideas and questions

Charles.Bird charles.bird at powerdnn.com
Fri Apr 3 17:04:42 EDT 2009

I havent heard back from the pinpoint rep yet about verifying time for
meeting on next friday. I'll bug him again.

whats the status on articles? Whats next after that?

I might have a good hookup for insurance when the time comes.

Also, later on after things appear to be stable, does anyone know if we
would be able to get access to local Cox and Qwest networks but not transit
to other networks from theirs?

Reason why i ask, is because, we may be able to get some big pipes(100Mb+)
to those networks for various reasons such as backups, gameservers, general
local traffic.
I would think, that since our actual internet traffic wouldnt be able to go
beyond their net that the bottom line would be cheaper and we would use less
bandwidth on the actual inet pipe.

I'm not sure what all is possible with routing in that regard, but I think
it might be a good idea.

Router God Phil: You on this list? Do you know if thats possible?

Also, how about a barrage of press releases if this goes through
successfully? There are ALOT of nerds in this town!

Charles